game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 1068

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2472 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Android Review: Twidroyd Twitter Client
On the iPhone I was spoiled for choice, there were dozens of twitter clients, and a few of them were quite good.  I eschewed the official Twitter client in favour of other, more feature-laden options like TweetDeck and, my favourite, Twipple by NEC.

Now that I've left the iPhone world, I had to find a new client for Android.

I went through the included official client, back to the more enjoyable TweetDeck, until finally discovering and loving the crap out of Twidroyd. 

[Image: http://nfgworld.com/grafx/throwaway/Twidroyd-2.jpg]
new tweet (left), nearby tweets (right)

It's fast, configurable, and offers a unique two-pane view when the device is landscape oriented:

[Image: http://nfgworld.com/grafx/throwaway/Twidroyd-1.jpg]
preview of single tweet

This preview is very flexible, and it'll fetch full tweets, content from linked pages, and even photos (no matter if they're behind an URL shortener).  When you're on a WiFi connection it's really pretty slick.

The app is skinnable, comes with a bunch of different colour schemes, and generally works very well.   So far I haven't seen its equal.

It comes in a free and pro version, but I can't really work out what the difference is.  Apparently you get updates before the free version.  An unusual upsell strategy.

Twidroyd App Store link
Twidroyd Pro App Store link
BLEARGH
This post was edited on 2011-06-24, 11:19 by NFG.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!