game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 112

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: On the cusp...
Since deciding not to purchase the $2000 Nikon D300 camera this month I've kind of lost interest in photography.  The gear whore in me is sulking and dragging down my overall mood.  It's especially bad after playing with a D200 in the shop recently where I found that a brand new 18-200 lens is a shitload nicer than my poor abused lens. 

So my camera's old, broken and the lens is beat up. I'm bummed.

And all my recent pictures have been ass.  Last jam got rained out.

So I haven't really taken any shots for a week, and it feels weird.  It sucks!

But I also want to go build a ring flash and do some model photography.  So the creative urge is still there, I just don't know what to do with it.  <grumble>
BLEARGH
This post was edited on 2007-11-23, 10:47 by NFG.
Author name #2
User title: Dreaming of a 40D
Member since Sep 2007 · 35 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal
NOOOO!!!!!!!

What you should do with it is try some new stuff. Try shooting an entire jam at f/22!  Try to make a ringflash and pick up a hot new model in the same week! Post photos for crits, even though all I'll do is drool over your fish!
Author name #3
User title: 1000% Handsome
Member since Nov 2007 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
I'd suggest picking up some quality reference books or flipping through the ones you already have at hand.

Nothing gives me the urge to go out and take pictures more than learning something I can immediately apply.

Also: First post! Woo!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!