game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 123

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: I'm bad with heights.
We climbed Mt. Beerwah today, and I tell you, it was damned hard to do.  Right from the start the slope was 45 degrees or steeper, with barely anything for hand or toe holds.  I couldn't get right into it like everyone else 'cause there were parts I had to massively psych myself for.  One point had me relying on two hands in a 'bubble' depression in the rock, pulling myself up to reach the next foothold.  I'm weak vs upperbody rolls, so this was tricky.  At another I was hugging the rock face with my entire body weight on the palm of one hand, arm locked beneath me while I frantically searched for purchase on the rock to climb higher.

Scared me shitless, but with the help, encouragement and patience of the rest of the group I did finally make it.  I was the last one up and the last one down, but god fucking dammit, I made it!

Not many pictures 'cause I was too busy holding on for dear life.

An incredible day.  Thanks to everyone who came and put up with my shit, carried my pack or donated food.  Special thanks to Tigger for providing the incentive to climb ever higher, even if the promised rewards never came...   ;-)
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!