game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 137

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Travelling to Bendigo
So we drove to Bendigo.  It's a massive journey of something like 1500km.  We did it in two days, and after the long, dreadfully boring straight roads in NSW we were happy to arrive, I tell you.

Along the way we ran into a massive flooding rain, which reduced visibility to a dangerous level.  The road was flooded over in half a dozen places.  We visited the Parkes observatory, which was great even though it was closed.   

I posted a few times from my celphone during the trip:  http://my.opera.com/NFGman/blog/

I especially like the Vaseline.

Today Zumi and I went into Melbourne, and I was alowed to splurge on a ridiculously expensive lens: A 105mm VR micro (macro).  It's one of Nikon's best lenses, and will finally allow me to take pictures of insects 'n stuff again.  I've been dying for this ability since I upgraded from my trusty old Canon G3. 

No surprise to anyone, the first picture was a bee on a flower.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
ah..i know that journey, done it about 6 times now and last time the Newell highway was completely flooded! whats this drought everyone keeps talking about? :-D
enjoy Bendigo  :-p  say hi to the boys if you have some time
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Author name (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I'll be meeting up with 'the boys' on Friday, I believe.  Jellyman's coming up from Melbourne and we'll hopefully have a good jam.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
they truly are boys..young and silly. but should be fun none the less, i look forward to the photos and maybe you can keep them out of trouble!
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!