game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 146

Author name #1
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Pedestrian culture
In America, there are sidewalks and footpaths everywhere. And yet, joggers and old folk prefer to walk on the paved road, and glare at automobiles for rolling on the surface that was intended for them. Only in this country can there be a wide range of public works that go completely unused based solely on a ridiculous personal preference.
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I know when I'm riding my bike I'm not welcome on either surface.  Sidewalks are full of slow movers and dangerous hidden obstacles, but the roads are full of bike-annihilating steel landwhales.
BLEARGH
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Bicycles generally get a pass from me, although there's a core group in my city that thinks traffic laws don't apply to them. They run red lights, snake through lanes, run down pedestrians and expect everyone to yield to them just because they're in fitness gear. At least you have the sense to be aware of the safety issue; for these folks, it's Darwin in action.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!