game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 174

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: So You Think you Can Dance
I like this show.  At least at the beginning stages when there are so many people in it, and they're all trying so hard to stay in it.  It's the variety that appeals to me, the sheer number of amazingly fit and talented people has a draw that I just can't shake.  Dancing girls are unbelievably fit and attractive, I just love to watch them.

The guys are pretty fun to watch too, but it's not just the bodies that keeps me coming back, it's the happiness.  The people who make it through are so happy, they're glowing with the energy of the truly healthy and talented, and then they're approved to carry on, and damned if it doesn't put a big smile on my face.

If last season is any indication, I'm about to lose interest though.  When the field is wittled down to a small selection I just can't maintain my interest.  It becomes a Survivor-esque show (I assume having never watched it...) where people are culled, and I gotta say that I just don't give a shit who wins.  I'm not emotionally invested in any particular person, I just like to watch them dance and smile.

DAMN the girls are hot.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 131 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Denizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
I hate the announcers too much to watch with any enjoyment.

But for me it's much like Idol. I like to sit there and watch people fail at something they think they're really good at, and then  pay them out. Hooray!
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Am I the only American who doesn't get any joy at all out of schadenfreude? It's already impolite to piss on people's dreams, but to do it in public on international TV is just unnecessarily humiliating. I don't see anything positive coming out of taking pride away from those who have so little to begin with, and I'm wholly unaccustomed to a form of entertainment that divides people rather than bringing them together.

To be clear, I'm not saying that I'm smarter or any more moral than people who do enjoy seeing someone get voted off the island. It's just completely foreign to me, out of my reach entirely.
Author name (Administrator) #4
I was wondering that about Heffer's post as well.  It seemed cruel.  =(

That's what I like about this show: they're all very friendly, all the dancers are supportive of each other and when one of the judges has to cut someone they apologize, and the dancer says "Yeah, I need to try harder" or "I was off my game" etc.  It's all very encouraging...

But really, I'm there for the women.  Fuck they're hot.
BLEARGH
Author name #5
Hey, I'm all for people having a shot at things.
I just love it when people think they're so wonderful at something (often because their family and friends keep telling them they are) and then persist in trying to convince themselves they are good and get shot down at that point.

And I'm a cruel person. If people go on TV I have every right to judge them. I feel no shame about that. I give people the right to judge me too, if they don't like me what do I care? I still have friends...... right? (maybe not after this :P)
Author name (Administrator) #6
<judges heffer> Nice tits, baby. </judges heffer>
BLEARGH
Author name #7
The other part of judging is that you don't have to say things out loud.
Author name #8
Member since Oct 2007 · 30 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
In a form, it's worse when not said. But i agree with both points. It can be funny when people get hit with what they somehow fail to see, though it is sad when it becomes the selling point of the show, or in the least, people's favourite parts (early idol episodes).

Does anyone believe that someone 'could' actually fail at seeing/gauging how skilled they are? In all honesty?
Author name (Administrator) #9
Every person who's booted from this show seems to take with them the memory of a good time, and solid lessons learned.  If you present yourself to be judged you're hoping for one or two things: recognition and/or evaluation.  You are asking to be judged, and you're right, you cannot fail when that is what you sought.  Lo, ye have been judged!      (booyah!)
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!