game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 176

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Saturday Feb 16 - New Pics
I took a few really neat pics today.  I've been trying to work with what I know and push the limits a little.  There are a lot of people doing better work than I am with similar tools, so...  I gotta work harder.

[Image: http://nfggames.com/gallery/d/5236-4/OllyWall+1.jpg]
This was a lucky shot. He was going to jump the gap (from right to left) and I was setting up two off-camera flashes to capture it. He worried about the drop so while he tested the height I was testing the lights... Unfortunately a minute later we were rather efficiently ushered off the property by security. =(

[Image: http://nfggames.com/gallery/d/5234-4/Olly.jpg]
This one was interesting - it was originally a landscape shot, and had a lot of clutter on the left and right sides. In order to draw attention away from the traffic, the signman and the scaffolding I desaturated the background and then cut the contrast down a few notches, while leaving the subject as-shot. I'm quite pleased with the result, but I've heard quite a few disagreeing opinions.

[Image: http://nfggames.com/gallery/d/5227-2/Olly+Rail+2.jpg]
Nothing special here. I underexposed the background and lit the subject up with the on-camera SB-800. Except for some motion blur I'm quite satisfied with the result.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Feb 2008 · 6 posts · Location: Tassie
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, Younguns
a lot of your images have distortions of some description, are you using a lens or adding them as effects after?
Author name (Administrator) #3
Um...  Unless you think I'm using a pinhole camera, you can safely assume I'm using a lens of some description.  As for the distortion, the lens I'm using is a fisheye, which causes the extreme curvature.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Jan 2008 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Stop lying, we all know you can bend space and time.

What I am curious about though, is how did you get the subject in the second picture coloured and the background greyscale? As much as I mess around in photoshop I have never been able to do it.
Author name (Administrator) #5
In this case I duplicated the image, cut out the subject, and pasted it as a new layer over the de-saturated background of the first image.  Then I used the airbrush to mask out the details around the subjet that were missed with the cutting.  I tend to do rough cuts rather than try and trace around every minute detail, as masking later is easier.
BLEARGH
Author name #6
Member since Sep 2007 · 14 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Needs more catgirls.
Author name (Administrator) #7
Quote by Wehrwolf:
Needs more catgirls.
Shit, yeah.  I gotta get right on that.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!