game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 200

Re: Went to Beerwah again
submit to reddit
Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: It's not always as easy...
So Zumi and I went to Beerwah by ourselves, intending to have a great day of climbing and cavorting on the rocks.  I even bought surprise cookies to enjoy when we reached the snackpoint.

But I couldn't get up the first face.

Despite having done it twice before (never mind that it took an hour the first time...) I had real difficulties this time.  Whether it was from a lack of energy, not enough breakfast or what, I don't know, but I simply couldn't get up the face.  I reached the tricky bit, and said "I'm going back down" and then lurched forward a notch.  Then I reached another tricky bit, said the same thing, and lurched forward a notch.  Then, sadly, I reached a point where I was basically stuck for 20 minutes, wondering why the fuck I was there in the first place.

It was one of those intensely frustrating moments where you can't go up and you can't go down and you're getting tense and sore and wondering why the fuck you bothered.  My camelbak spigot got crushed beneath me thrice, the first time sending the little bite-valve down the hill, the second time opening the lock-valve, and the third time removing the lock-valve halfway.  This third time sent a flood of water down the hill fucking up all my hand and footholds.

So I gave up.

Nerves shot and muscles weak I couldn't even take the NFG Official Easy Route, and basically sat dejected in the shade for half an hour while Zumi cavorted up and down the hill.

It was quite distressing.  I was looking forward to it, and I've done it twice before (the second time I nigh bounded up, confident in the knowledge I'd done it before...) and thought it would be easier the third time.

Sigh.

Next time, eh?
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!