game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 203

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Interview Questions for Henk Nieborg
I'm doing another interview with Henk Nieborg.  These are the questions I've got for him so far:

• Contra 4: According to the credits, you were responsible for bosses and backgrounds, the latter typically being a specialty.  Is that accurate, or did you have a hand in other parts of the game?

• How long were you involved with/working on this project? 

• Did you have any additional pressure, either from yourself, the developer (Wayforward) or Konami?  I mean, you guys were updating a classic game held dear to many players' hearts.

• I've tried to find a comprehensive game list of titles you've worked on, and it appears that this is your first DS title.  True?  Was it any different from your perspective, or was it a console/portable like all the rest?

• I've been hearing rumours of a new Shantae title.  Recently insertcredit.com noticed the mockup that's been on the wayforward site for a long time...  It looks, predictably, mind-blowingly gorgeous.  Is there something in the works?  Are there more mockups you can share?

• Pixel art in general: It seems that there is a significantly growing interest in the style, but I think sometimes I see more of it because I'm looking for it.  Are you finding more opportunities as a pixel artist?  Or do you find it more or less the same now as a few years ago when I last asked you the same question?
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Henk's already replied witih answers, yay! 

A brief highlight:

I'm quite happy with the way pixelart is treated right now. [...] In the older days i did a complete project by myself [...]  Now-a-days its just small parts like tilesets or animations. Also, Everything needs to be faster today. Most jobs i get need to be done asap for some reason. ;)
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!