game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 221

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Side of a Mountain
While mountain climbing the other day (A stupid sport that's only going to hurt me eventually) I snapped this shot of Zumi while she pretended to hang from the side of a mountain.

I was using RAW, so the resulting photo was very easy to manipulate.  In this instance I dropped the exposure of the background to get a more dramatic sky and ground, then bumped up the exposure for the flash-lit foreground.  The two images were easily merged: basically I just pasted zumi and the rock onto the other image, and masked out the edges.  The grass caused some irritation as it crossed between the light and dark areas, but some creative masking sorted that out.

I tend to forget I have a working on-camera flash now, and I was halfway through dragging my SB-800 out of the bag, perched on a steep section of cliff as I was, when I thought "Fuck me, I've got a flash right here!"  Much easier!

[Image: http://nfggames.com/grafx/Parkour/Tibrogargan/Tibrogargan.jpg]
BLEARGH
Author name #2
User title: soaking up the sun.
Member since Oct 2007 · 12 posts · Location: Brissy
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Awesome picture. Knew it was going to be great when you were taking it :)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!