game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 233

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Sometimes I get emails...
I have NO idea what this is about:

Quote by idiot:
NFGman! I beg you not to ignore me! Please! You're my only hope!
Aggghhhhh!!

Quote by NFG:
What the hell?

Quote by idiot:
What's going on? Who's this I'm replying to? Why can't I reply to NFGman?

Yeah, I sent NFGman an e-mail a few days ago which I never got a reply from. It was very important, and I assumed he had decided not to respond; so I thought it would be a great idea to send him an insane follow-up e-mail begging him not to ignore me. I think it worked out great, too (sarcasm).

So, why did he reply to that stupid e-mail instead of the original one? He's got it! He's also got my correct e-mail address.

Who are you?

Quote by NFG:
If you don't start making sense I'm gonna start ignoring your mails!

Quote by idiot:
Oh, FUCK YOU! FUCK ... YOU! You think you can scare me with a threat like that?! You think I'm some little kid who's fragile little mind is going to shatter because you threaten me like that?! FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE! FUCK YOUR MOTHER! FUCK YOUR FATHER! I DON'T FUCKING NEED YOU! I WAS BEING SILLY! YOU DON'T FUCKING MATTER TO ME! DIE AND BURN AND HELL, YOU SACK OF SHIT!
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 131 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Denizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
That's really funny. Man there are some strange people...

I wish I got emails like that. Mine are boring.
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 30 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Pretty funny, but why would you want emails like those?
Author name #4
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
The first e-mail you quote is a pretty transparent attempt at stroking your ego. I interpret the second one as confusion based on the sender address; since you can pretty much transmit from any nfg domain address you want, you probably used an originating SMTP e-mail that the guy didn't expect.

When you have a brash and abrasive attitude, it's a little bit like having gold rims on a Subaru. Everybody wants to pick a fight with you. Whether or not you can deal with that is what determines how much of a problem that ends up for you.
Author name (Administrator) #5
I don't have patience for fools.  If you want something from me, you ask for it.  If you want to play games with me, you may find I'm somewhat less than receptive, especially when I have no earthly idea who you are. 

I'm still mostly convinced the final reply was meant to be funny.  If it wasn't, well, I don't feel I've made bad choices.

It sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy: when I'm abrupt with people, they often get angry and tell me to fuck off, at which point I think they weren't worth the effort anyway...  But it's typically the case that the kind of people whose company I enjoy don't take immediate offense to my behaviour.  It's a weeding-out process that leaves me with only the people I want to be left with.

Truth is I don't have a brash and abrasive attitude.  I'm ...  well, I'm a nice guy. I'm smart, well spoken, polite, and I like to think I've got a rapier wit.  Most of the people up here I hang out with appreciate that: A heart of gold but no hesitation to tell you when you're being a retard.  =)
BLEARGH
Author name #6
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
I realize that my previous statement was a little cold and unqualified, so let me qualify: you're brash and abrasive to people who may not have given you reason to act any other way. I don't think that's a fair metric for deciding who is worth your time though. If someone is having a bad day and is otherwise thoughtless to you, is it fair to judge them when they're at their worst?
Author name (Administrator) #7
I don't think this instance is a good evaluation of my personality or abrasive technique.  This email started off with the implication that the sender knows me, hence my much shortened reply.  They started off silly and familiar, so I responded in kind.

Their second email was basically nonsense, and the third was full-blown insane. 

My fault? 

Naahh...
BLEARGH
Author name #8
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Quote by NFG on 2008-04-09, 07:54:
I don't think this instance is a good evaluation of my personality or abrasive technique.  This email started off with the implication that the sender knows me, hence my much shortened reply.  They started off silly and familiar, so I responded in kind.
Fuck you, asshole ;)

But why would someone who's supposedly trying to contact NFGman not twig that it might be same person when NFG replies? Dumb fuck deserves all he got.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!