game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 236

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Cloverfield: a review
So we went to see Cloverfield in the theatre.  At about the 25 minute mark we walked out, and asked for a refund.  You want to know why?  Here's why:

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover1.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover2.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover3.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover4.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover5.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover6.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover7.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Movies/Clover8.jpg]

Clever?  My ass it was clever.  Zumi was totally motion sick, and I couldn't focus on any goddamned thing long enough to figure out what it was.  And 25 minutes of retards at a party before the movie even got rolling?  Shit man, learn to direct!

Bah to Cloverfield.  =(
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Sure you didn't get that version from a shady Chinaman?
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 30 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
It's a real turn away point for the movie. Simply has a LOT of those "handy-cam" shots. I havn't yet seen it. Though i was keen to. I also wonder if this will put me off too much as well.
Author name (Administrator) #4
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I don't mind a few handycam shots, ya know?  But the guy in cloverfield NEVER settles down.  He never stops shaking the camera around, even when they're just SITTING AROUND.  It's sooo annoying.
BLEARGH
Author name #5
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
Just watched it last night, KC went to bed after about 20 minutes, but thats because she is sick at the moment anyway so all the movement was a bit too much for her.
I didn't mind it too much, at least they used a nice HD handycam so the focus was at least pretty good and there was no massive blur during camera movement like in Blair Witch.
The movie itself...hmm..not much to say, sort of interesting...nothing hugely memorable.
The bugs are a total rip off of Star Ship Troopers! Now that was a funny movie!
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Author name #6
Member since Oct 2007 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
yeah. the biggest regret me and the missus had about this movie is that no matter what we can never get that hour or so of our life back...

movies started ..... wtf??

half way through ..wtF??
end of movie....  WTF???

the whole thing just didn't make sense. was like blair witch, Godzilla, and aliens put in a blender and cloverfield was the tattered remains as a result.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!