game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 242

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Live from Japan
We made it.

Barely.

I caught plague last night and let me assure you flying sick SUCKS.  Everything's clogged, eyes are sore, shoulders itch, and between the dry air and uncomfortable seats and the pressure changes, I got off that plane in really sorry shape.   Cue two hours in three rumbling old trains with the heaters on and humid air, and I was ready to retch.

But we made it.

Server's in need of a rebuild: CPU fan's clogged with shit, etc.  What a PITA this rebuild is gonna be.

Got tomorrow to myself, gonna eat well and hopefully feel better...

On the way here we picked up some food: A hot lemon drink, 600ml water and melon bread with whipped cream.  Total cost: four bucks.  If this was Australia, it'd have been $8-10.

I love it here.  =)

Oh yeah, FUCK Eagle Boys Pizza.  I paid six bucks for the worst pizza ever assembled by people who hate their jobs.  THe Brisbane Airport, once a lovely oasis of civility, has doubled the number of shops and basically sucks now.  Much nicer in Japan, even if they did fingerprint me coming in.

Gnite!
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
melon pan!!! yay!
i love the food prices over in japan.
get better soon:)
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Author name #3
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
This is too late but: Hot lemon doesn't work. Take plenty of paracetamol and drink a ton of orange juice. You'll piss loads but it's more effective.

Oh and I only ever ate Eagle Boys once in two years. Same experience as you.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #4
User title: soaking up the sun.
Member since Oct 2007 · 12 posts · Location: Brissy
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
This might turn into an "eagle boys sucks" thread....I had that same problem :P worst pizza in existence. Glad your better now...man I wish prices were that good here lol
Author name (Administrator) #5
I'm rapidly cooling on the whole Japan thing. 

It's depressing, really.

I fell in love with the place as a game seller.  THings were cheap, I bought low and sold high, often absurdly high.  Everywhere I went was a treasure trove, I'd buy it ALL and I'd sell it for a profit.

Now I fear I've seen and done it all...  I was in computer shops and I didn't want anything.  I was in toy shops and I didn't buy anything.  I was in game shops and couldn't profit from anything.  I'm already tired of the new McDonalds MegaTeriyaki, I can't get Dakara anymore, and the latest KitKat flavour is GREEN TEA.  Ew.

So two weeks in Japan and I'm kinda bored.  I guess that's what I get for living here for five years and never learning the language.  </wasted life>
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #6
Yesterday for lunch we ate at my favourite ramen shop in Tokyo.  One of the guys there recognized me, even though it's been a year since my last visit, and another year before for the next-most recent...  He was all "how've you been" and "long time no see" etc.  When we left, he ran out and gave us four little packets of tissues, apologizing because these were all he had to give us with their logo on it.  "It's advertising for a job application, but it has our logo on it.  You don't have to apply."

Good times...  It's nice to be remembered, and even nicer to be remembered fondly. 

Fucking great soup too.
BLEARGH
Author name #7
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
That's really nice, people in services who give a shit, a rarity here in London. The only one who brightens up my day is a gorgeous petite brunette with a lovely smile and the kind of small but firm boobs and backside that make you have to make a conscious effort not to reach out and squeeze when she's nearby. Always gets me what I want before I even ask, although perhaps that's a sign that I'm stuck in a routine. Sometimes she serves me when she sees me, giving me the opportunity to jump the queue and flashes me a nice genuine smile. I'm married though. It's always the way.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #8
Member since Jun 2009 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
i love japan soo much, especially vending machines roughly $1 or so for a can of coffee/fanta jelly/energy drink AWESOME!!

the little home establishments are amazing also, like this place near Niseko, Nami Chan's restaurant. He's a pro snowmobiler but makes awesome food as well and gave us his business cards as a gift/promotion for other westerners....i miss the place already....

ALSO DEKAVITA C IS THE MOST AMAZING DRINK EVER...it tastes like sherbert in a glass bottle teehee
money cake..ayumyumyumyumyumyum
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!