game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 244

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: You idiots!
Heading to Korea in a few mins.  Just a quick note...

I just got emailed by the car repair shop.  I dropped my car off before I left, figuring if I'm going to be without it, it might as well be while I can't drive it anyway.
I said "you can't call me 'cause I'm in Japan.  Here's my email."
so they just emailed me
and it said
"please call us."

WTF
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
A ComputerWorld columnist noted that e-mail doesn't magically give people the ability to compose text. Technology has created a world where the barely-literate are expected to be correspondents and archivists, and most people don't have those skills. When people send e-mail that says 'call me' it means that they aren't confident in their ability to communicate, and that's no sin. On the other hand, it could also mean that they have bad news and they don't want a paper trail. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Author name (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
You're right, but it doesn't explain the fact that I said "EMAIL ONLY, I'M IN JAPAN!!!" and got emailed to CALL THEM.

Turns out they wanted to argue about the driver's seat: when I got rear-ended it shifted and doesn't have the full range of moevement anymore.  It also wobbles noticably.  They're like "Nothing wrong, kthx" and I'm all "WTF".

Definitely idiots.  =)
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
The problem with people like this is that you usually have to go there yourself and show the slackjawed fuckwits what the problem is before they can approach understanding you.
Also, it's not often a large company will respond to email in any suitable way. Most of the times I've tried to contact utilities or similar I've never received a response. And TAFE just seems to be ignoring me completely.
Of course, there are also people who can't communite in text format without justifying the emotion of the text with smilies ;)
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!