game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 246

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: New Server: IT WORKS!
So after fighting with it for days, the new server's online and seems to be running fine.  Some stuff still doesn't work, though the important things - like this forum - are now up and running 100%.

Let me know if you see anything weird, k?
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
On this forum in particular, the logon status doesn't appear in the upper right like it used to. I don't know who I'm logged in as. I have no identity! I'm having an existential crisis! Agh!
Author name (Administrator) #3
Fixed!

a few of the settings for the forum were lost, so I had to bring those over manually.  The position of the login box and logged in user had defaulted to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I hope your existence is no longer as nebulous.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Sometimes I have the problem where it shows me as logged in, then I click something and I'm actually logged out.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name (Administrator) #5
What browser are you using?  Anyone else have that issue? (It's never happened to me here, but it has happened a lot on other forums, specifically PHPbb)
BLEARGH
Author name #6
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
I have a slightly different problem. If I navigate to nfgworld.com directly, it shows I'm not logged in even though I have persistent authentication enabled and a cookie correctly loaded. Clicking on the Forum link on the front page correctly shows my logon status with no password prompt. I don't mind the extra step, but it is a little unusual.
Author name (Administrator) #7
That is a bit strange.  I had similar things happen after starting up the new server 'cause the cookies had changed, and the new forum didn't recognize old cookies.  You may want to try deleting the current cookies, and getting all-new ones.  Let me know if it has an effect...
BLEARGH
Author name #8
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
I'm on Firefox with fresh cookies. Today it worked fine. Of course, I'm an excellent driver.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!