game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 255

Author name #1
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...
I have an admission to make.

My name is Justin, I'm 28 years old and I play Pokémon.

Having played a fair amount of Sapphire (GBA) when it came out and then picked it up again a couple of years later to catch some of the more uncommon Pokémon, bought Diamond (DS) on launch day and got my National Pokédex and then got a cheap new copy of Fire Red (GBA version of GB original) to carry on finding ones to fill it up, I wondered how long I'd spent on these three RPG-lites, RPGs being a genre I tend to avoid unless portable.

Caveat: It's rare for me to play Pokémon when i'm not commuting, so it's not as if it's any time I could be doing anything more productive apart from being thrown around inside a metal tube up some middle aged divorcee's undeodorised armpit, but let's look at the numbers.

Pokémon Sapphire: 124 hours 57 minutes.
Pokémon Diamond: 134 hours 14 minutes.
Pokémon Fire Red: 12 hours 29 minutes so far.

I make that a total of 271 hours 40 minutes total and I'm not really started on Fire Red yet.

That's 11 days 7 hours and 40 minutes I've spent on playing Pokémon so far in the last 6 years.

It's lucky I'm going out for a stiff drink after work today.

I've got quite a number and loads left to import into my National Pokédex in Diamond, but I still didn't catch 'em all.

Am I a bad person?
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #2
Member since Oct 2007 · 11 posts · Location: Antwerp
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
There is nothing to be ashamed about.

We all have our Pokémon!
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
The very first Pokemon players are now child-bearing age. If the game is truly appealing and fun across generational lines, then we'll have very old people playing Pokemon in a few decades. There is no shame here.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!