game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 292

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Scientology arrests a teenager in London
I'm no fan of scientology.  In fact, I'll go on record right now as saying that I'll oppose any organization that does things like arrest a teenager for calling the organization a cult.

The unnamed 15-year-old was served the summons by City of London police when he took part in a peaceful demonstration opposite the London headquarters of the controversial religion.

The article...

Found on Charlie Stross' blog
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
I have been wondering how long Project Chanology would continue before this happened.
I know that down in Melbourne Anon is now staging monthly protests and there have been run ins with the police but none of it has gone as far as a summons being issued.
what i find interesting about this incident in England is that the police (Scientology?) singled out a 15 year old kid. admittedly the majority of people present at the protesters are teenagers, yet this, to me, seems like an attack at the most defenseless person they could pick..
Should be interesting to see what comes of it...
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Author name (Administrator) #3
It remains to be seen if this will even result in charges being laid.  The court summons issued basically requires the recipient to arrive in court where charges will be laid or dismissed.

The police in the area have had issues with corruption and bribery where scientologists have paid them off or given them gifts.  No protesters with similar signs were hassled by cops in other areas.

I think this will backfire more than the Co$ will hope.

There's a sneaky part of my mind wondering if the cops did this on purpose, to expose/hassle scientology for pushing the issue: Look how ludicrous this shit is, world.  Look what they've made us do.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
There's a sneaky part of my mind wondering if the cops did this on purpose, to expose/hassle scientology for pushing the issue: Look how ludicrous this shit is, world.  Look what they've made us do.

one can only hope :-)
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Author name (Administrator) #5
No charges will be laid and the cops will receive instructions on dealing with similar events in the future.  Yay!
BLEARGH
Author name #6
Member since Jun 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Just go with the Pastafarians already. I mean, c'mon, they have a spaghetti monster god and proof that the decline in pirate numbers caused global warming!

To me, Christianity and Scientology (etc.) are just as valid as each other/have as much bullcrap and corruption as each other, the only difference being that Scientology does not contribute positively to the community in any form.

<33 Anon and their Guy Fawkes masks! And down with all forms of modern religion and up with the old Sun Worship.

P.s I'd advise you not to date a Mormon. I know from experience.. They have funny underwear.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!