game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 3

Everyone's got it but me.
submit to reddit
Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Halo 3
Everyone's got Halo 3 now.  All my friends online are talking about it, arrangling coop meets and so on.  I don't even have an XBOX 360 - the one I received for xmas last year died the first week I had it, so I took it back to K-Mart. 

I want another 360 for sure, but it's perhaps a sign of my advancing years that I have other things I'd sooner spend the money on than games.  I've got a camera to feed, I've got a scooter I want to buy, I need a motorbike license and, dammit, that trip to the moon ain't happening if I don't start saving for it PDQ!

So it bugs me a bit that the main focuse of my entire life until moving to Australia - that being video games - is no longer as important as it was.  What now to do with the room full of game hardware I have?  Should I sell it, archive it, or open a museum with it?  I dunno.

Time will tell, surely, but in the meantime all I know is that I'm not playing Halo 3 and everyone else IS.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 14 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
What's odd is that in just an <sarcasm> exciting </sarcasm> place as Australia, I'd think you'd be looking for any excuse for entertainment like videogames...

Me, I have a 360, but don't have Halo 3, but I'm just burnt out on first person shooters.
Author name #3
Member since Sep 2007 · 22 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Honestly, you're not missing out on a whole lot. Halo 3 has the same uninspiring gameplay that Halo 1 did back in 2001. The only reason I picked up Halo 3 is that I wanna meet up with my friends from back home online.

[Image: http://www.millartime.com/halo3.jpg]
Author name (Administrator) #4
The only reason I picked up Halo 3 is that I wanna meet up with my friends from back home online.
Why do you think I want back in?  Some of the greatest game fun I ever had was with the insertcredit crew, playing the shithouse game that is Halo2 online.  It was grand fun, grand.

<Outrider> Halo 3 Halo 3 Halo 3 etc
<NFGwork> STOP TEASING ME
<Outrider> you know you want to get a 360.
<NFGwork> I do, but zumi already put the brakes to the plan.
<Outrider> haha
<Outrider> well she's Japanese though, and we all know that the Japanese hate the xbox
BLEARGH
This post was edited on 2007-09-28, 10:40 by NFG.
Author name #5
User title: General Miscreant
Member since Nov 2007 · 7 posts · Location: Western Australia
haw, even I have Halo 3 - I'm still not 100% sure why I bought it Thursday night, but I have a feeling at least 70% of it was because the girl at the store was polite, friendly and cute, not necessarily in that order.

I'd suggest taking a hard look at the game stuff you've got, and whether you'd ever play or use it again (and how much you'd regret not having it, of course).  I recently got rid of a mess of N64 and DS stuff, practically enough to finance the 360 and a fair few games, and I've no regrets whatsoever.   Well, I regret wearing pants at the moment.
Author name #6
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
I don't have Halo 3. Don't plan on getting it, didn't get the first two games either. Besides not being into FPS, I don't generally enjoy PVP games. Which is also why I didn't get on the bandwagon with Ultima Online, Everquest or World of Warcraft.

About the focus of your life shifting? A friend of mine recently sold me US$3,000 worth of his gaming stuff as he's planning to get married. I've generally regretted it when I've given up any gaming stuff, since the stuff I sold for money was exceedingly rare (CD-i with built in screen, mint copy of Phantasy Star, stuff like that.) On the other hand, ever since changing careers I've had much more free time and more time to myself in the evenings, so I really can't compare my leisure time to anyone else's since it's very little but gaming. I had some sage advice to share, but now I've forgotten what it was. :)
Author name (Administrator) #7
I've lost the urge for Halo, but I still want an xbox for the Arcade games...

As for selling my stuff, I'm in the same boat, but moreso.  The stuff I bought in Japan six years ago has all tripled in price.  There's no way I'd ever manage to justify buying them again.  Things like the Wondermega, the Laseractive, the PCEngine LT, and my beloved HiSaturn Navi.  They're modern day treasure!

In fact, I should be buried with them, and the location of my grave sent 'round the internet as cryptic clues, the accurate map available only as a tattoo on a young girl's back.

Yeah!
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!