game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 336

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Queen's Blade: Aris
So, here's another Queen's Blade figure.  This one's pretty awesome, but I can't help but wonder about her tactical value.  While she's loaded with weapons, where's her armour?  As a distraction she's top notch, but I wouldn't hire her for heavy firefights.

[Image: /grafx/Toys/Aris1.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/Toys/Aris2.jpg]

All this weaponry can be yours for a mere 6000円.  More pics, etc.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 14 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
She's every bit as well armored as any other entrant in the Queens Blade tournament, maybe theres some rule against useful armor there (well, one of them has a shield at least, but..). Pics of all the characters so far:

http://queensblade.net/character/

And for the 3 licensed characters:

http://queensblade.net/qg/characters/

and if you didn't see, pics of lots of the figurines:

http://queensblade.net/goods/figurerines.php
This post was edited on 2008-07-11, 19:30 by Wehrwolf.
Author name (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
That's why I love having you around, man.  =D

The thing that surprises me most about the QB characters is the huge range of styles.  It's as if four artists collaborated on the project: the result isn't really cohesive, except in its fairly blatant attempt to cater to the tastes of as many geeks as possible.

It seems to work - it got MY attention.  =/
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Sep 2007 · 14 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Each individual book has a different artist, except for maybe 2 or 3 artists having done 2 books each... So, yeah, there's different styles.

The Queen's Gate (licensed characters) ones are done by the original artists (well, not sure about the samurai spiritis Iroha chara, but definately on the other two).

Side note: Queen's Blade was licensed to be an anime.

Funny side note: This whole thing started as a simple 'combat book' game with completely generic (and not risque) art in America in the 80s or maybe even late 70s. It was a very small operation not really making that much money or ever becoming that well known (though I had bought it back then). They licensed the combat system to Hobby Japan to use in their own books in Japan, and it just took off.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!