game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 36

Forum: Our World The World RSS
Change the system.
submit to reddit
Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: You want my vote?
Southpark said it best, I think: Why bother voting when your choice is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich?  It's practically a lock that no matter who I voted for in the upcoming Australian elections they'd basically ignore their campaign promises and find a way to screw me.

Not many things are important to me, but those things that are don't feature on any candidate's agenda.  Where is the promise to roll out serious, affordable broadband?  Australia's internet situation is embarassing, but no one cares.

Who is going to guarantee me the right to free speech?  No one, apparently.

Who's going to stand up and sort out some fair copyright regulations for our modern, digital age?  None of the current candidates.

You want my vote?  Change the system.  Stop making campaign ads that slag off the other guy and say nothing about your own beliefs.  Stop letting business anywhere near your office: you answer to the people, not the largest chequebooks.    Stop arguing like children in parliament, throwing fits and accusations. 

You're our leaders.  So lead.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!