game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 364

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Video game music - X68000 Style
Recently someone pointed me towards a large archive of video game soundtracks, originally for or ported to the X68000.  There's a lot of good stuff in here, including most of Tecnosoft's releases (Thunder Force, Elemental Master, Herzog Zwei etc) and many more oldschool titles.

Download my specially selected archive.  Unzip these into a folder, then for maximum listening pleasure, install some MDX software.

I recommend Foobar (download here).  Download and install that, then download the MDX plugin, and put it in Foobar's COMPONENTS folder.

That's it: Now you simply open or drag any MDX file into Foobar, and enjoy the awesome chiptunes of the 1990s!

Some games included in this archive:

Afterburner
Bomberman
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania (Famicom, Gameboy, X68000)
Darius
Devil's Crash
Donkey Kong
Elemental Master
Famicom Disk System
Ghosts n Goblins
Gradius
Herzog Zwei
R Type
Super Mario Bros
Thunder Force 3 & 4
Twin Cobra

The X68000 computer was the most powerful 68000-based system.  It destroyed the Atari ST, and made the Amiga look tiny and underpowered.  The X68000's sound hardware is really impressive.

You can also download the full MDX archive (602 zip files of sexy game goodness) if you like.
BLEARGH
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2014-12-23, 23:30 by NFG.
Edit reason: Fixed archive link
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!