game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 368

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Australia: Afraid of plastic guns
True story: A friend of mine shipped me an airsoft pistol from Korea.  Customs seized it at the border, along with 2000 plastic pellets, and shipped me a little receipt saying "tough beans" along with instructions for reclaiming it.

Basically, in order to get my gun back, I had to have it registered as a legal firearm (never mind that it doesn't FIRE).  I asked how it was accomplished, and they process was simple: Take the gun's registration number, and have it approved by the relevent authority.  The problem was, the gun had no registration number.  It was a fancy loophole: I couldn't register it without the number, and it wasn't a firearm without a number.

So, I couldn't register the firearm that didn't qualify as a firearm in the first place.  Idiots.

They missed about 12 little plastic balls, which were rattling around in the box.  I Asked the guy "How should I dispose of this ammunition?"

"Just throw it out," he says.

"But I couldn't possibly," I argued back.  "This is ammunition for a dangerous, illegal weapon!"

"..."  You could practically hear him thinking WTF.

"What should I do?  Is there an approved disposal procedure?  Should I take it to a police station?"

"I guess you'd better mail it back to us."

"Will the post office allow me to ship dangerous ammunition?  Do I need a permit?"

"Look, they're just plastic balls, it doesn't matter!"

"Yeah, but you're telling me they're suddenly super dangerous when they're flung out of a plastic toy gun!  So dangerous I'm not allowed to own the plastic gun!"

He hung up on me.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!