game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 374

Author name #1
Member since Sep 2007 · 131 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Denizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Cool facts
I love facts, particularly scientific ones. Stuff that's just damned cool. So this thread is a place to put them if you find any. Here's some examples:

Plants that climb up and around stuff wind the same way 90% of the time (I don't know if it's clockwise or anti). This occurs irrespective of location, climate or anything else.

Dolphins evolved from the ocean, to land, then back into the ocean.

There was a mass migration of cicadas accross an ocean, that they clearly couldn't cross without starving to death. So what they did was set out in groups. The first group went as long as they could then died of starvation. The group following them went out to where their bodies were, fed on them, and then travelled till starvation. The same thing kept happening, using previous groups like stepping stones of food.
How crazy is that???

Also - Whether or not you have a child before you're 19 could be based on your genes!

So yeah, post up cool things! I like them.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!