game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 390

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Mobile Phone Service
Have you ever read the small print on these late-night mobile phone commercials?  It's shocking what some of them are charging.

The fake x-ray scanner and fart-sound application, two things that I simply can't imagine anyone paying for, cost $6.50 x2 to sign up, and $6.50 per week.  I love how they use the "x2" todouble the cost of signing up.  Why not just say $13?  Oh, right, 'cause bigger costs might scare people into not signing up.  Most mobile operators like to hide the truth from their customers, as the raw truth of the costs of these services are obscene.  Still, $26/month for fart sounds isn't too bad, compared to the girl-on-girl action.

If you want lesbian content you can expect to pay $4.50 x2 (again with the x2) and another $4.50 every day.  People who don't read the small print will pay $135 every month.

Stupid people who want to test their compatibility (text LOVE, YOUR NAME and THEIR NAME to this number...) will pay $9/week for the privelege, along with $3 for each message you send.  The rates are similar for the cheat detector (text CHEAT, YOUR NAME and THEIR NAME to this number...) which amuses me greatly.  Anyone who thinks a computer can determine whether a person is faithful or not deserves to lose their money.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
"Text FLIRT to this number..."

It's only $10 to join, and $5 per day until you get your bill, freak out, and text "STOP oh my fucking god STOP" to the number.

What retard signs up for these things?
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #3
I just saw another ad tonight, for naked girl photos or videos or something, but the cost was double anything I've seen: 2 x $4.50 per day.

No sympathy for people stupid enough to sign up for this.  None at all.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
I had a neighbor who, for reasons that would take too long to explain, couldn't afford to have regular phone service. Out of pity, for Christmas one year I bought him a pre-paid phone, with the friendly reminder that he should spend his money on minutes and not on accessories or software. His girlfriend blew through the first $100 worth of service in about 72 hours, buying ringtones and sending text messages.

There is a great big disconnect between paying for something and receiving something in this electronic market. Those of us who grew up with floppy disks and shortwave radios understand that there needs to be a subtle relationship between what we get and how we pay for it, and those of us who are older even refuse to hand over money unless there's something tangible in exchange that goes on a shelf or in a drawer. The idea of paying for a license or a download is almost inexcusably unjust and fraudulent, and it falls the buyer to be vigilant.
Author name (Administrator) #5
Your neighbors are almost as awesome as mine, Kendrick.  =)

I bought a USB TV stick yesterday, primarily to capture the interesting commercials on the six free-to-air channels here.  I snagged a few last night, staying up for some late-night TV.  Haven't rendered 'em down yet, but here's the fun part:

[Image: /grafx/tvads/mob-russian.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/tvads/mob-look.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/tvads/mob-lips.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/tvads/mob-french.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/tvads/mob-ghost.jpg]

It's pretty clear to me the first four are run by the same company.  I wonder why they use 2 different 1-300 numbers for the four services.  Couldn't be that they're hiding behind numerous hard-to-find facades, could it?  Naahh, I'm sure they're legitimate media companies trying to make life a little better for the users.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #6
Here's a sampling of the most recent crop of late-night videos you'll see on Australian TV.

How do they compare to the ones in other countries, I wonder?

Six sexy russians:

Get the Flash Player

Home babe auditions:

Get the Flash Player

Girl on girl action:

Get the Flash Player

French babes cut loose:

Get the Flash Player

The ghost tracker:

Get the Flash Player

I want to meet the people who fall for these things.  =)
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!