game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 392

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Microsoft releases redesigned 360 d-pad
According to ShackNews, Microsoft has finally deigned to redesign the execrable 360 d-pad with a new version specifically for d-pad-intensive games.  Oddly, Eurogamer have lost their minds and are reporting "The controller, which looks exactly the same as the old one, will be able to register 32 directions through the directional pad, we were told."

[Image: http://nfgcontrols.com/grafx/360-pad-redesign.jpg]

How can it suck so much?  How!?
[Image: http://nfgcontrols.com/grafx/360-pad-redesign-2.jpg]

In typically clueless Microsoft style, they're not releasing it in North America:

Quote by Microsoft Lackey:
"Basically, the controller will only be available for a limited time in Europe, Asia and Latin America, and has been optimized for certain games that are D-pad intensive," explained a Microsoft representative.

"There are no plans to make those changes to the existing wireless controllers at this time. However, the Xbox 360 wireless controller is one of the most popular controllers of all time and we're confident that it will continue to provide the complete gaming experience."
Yeah, the complete gaming experience.  Microsoft knows best, kids!  "It's not broken, but we fixed it, and you can't have any."

Dicks.  Now I have to import one.  =/
BLEARGH
Author name #2
User title: Pad junkie
Member since Sep 2008 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Why not just get a MadCatz pad?

Their new SFIV pads look pretty good, too...
Author name (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by Kikimaru on 2008-09-14, 04:40:
Why not just get a MadCatz pad?

Their new SFIV pads look pretty good, too...
I dunno, has MadCatz ever made a good pad?  Like, ever?  The name is synonymous with crap, as far as I can tell.  Buying one to get a better d-pad is fundamentally missing the point.  Even if the MC unit has a better d-pad - which I doubt it would - the rest of the controller will surely suck more than what you had.
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Oct 2008 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Oh great Microsoft, I was gonna buy Mega Man 9 kewlest game in like 10 years, but not with that Sh!t dpad on the 360 controller, wonder if I got one of those USB to NES pads would that work on the 360? ;)

Gato
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!