game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 43

it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks
submit to reddit
Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Filthy Forum Downtime
My server was down for most of today, for reasons I really can't explain.  First the server basically FREAKED OUT, not responding to any attempts to communicate with it, then the router died, meaning I couldn't communicate with anything on the network in Japan.

Zumi's mom, a great old bird, managed to reinstall the ISP settings on the router with very little supervision.  She failed, however, to forcibly restart the BLACK computer and instead rebooted the GREY one, which had as little effect on the black computer as you might imagine.

It's back now, obv.  Sorry for the downtime.  =(
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
I don't know what's going on with the server in japan, but it's killing me.  Three significant outages in the last three weeks, once 'cause of the router, twice 'cause the server just freaked out.

Something must be done!
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #3
The server troubles have been identified as a dying harddrive.  Bsically it has a brief error and the RAID drivers just freak out, and the server goes catatonic.

<sigh>

Just what I wanted, a chance to make expensive changes to the server in japan!
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!