game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 45

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Discovering words
While looking up the correct spelling of surreptitious I was pointed to a few similar words by dictionary.com.  None of these others were familiar to me, which is a fun discovery.  Even though no one else cares, here's what I found:

subreptitious - A calculated misrepresentation through concealment of the facts.
arreptitious - Snatched away; seized or possessed, as a demoniac; raving; mad; crack-brained.
irreptitious - Characterized by creeping in or having crept in, esp. into a text.

I don't think I'm going to get much use out of these, especially irreptitious, but I do kind of like arreptitious.  What scurrilous ratbag among us hasn't surreptitiously hatched an arreptitious plan?

Sounds kind of like Wile E. Coyote, dunnit?
BLEARGH
Author name #2
User title: Dreaming of a 40D
Member since Sep 2007 · 35 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal
Show profile · Link to this post
Since I added the scrabble application on facecrack, I too have learnt a lot of new words. I have no idea what they mean, though...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!