game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 466

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Red's new camera: revealed!
So RED, the company that revolutionized the filmmaking industry with their sub-billion-dollar digital video camera, has released details of their completely modulare video and still-camera system.  You might remember I mentioned it earlier.

You can get it in all kinds of sensor sizes, resolutions, framerates, and you can even swap the lens mounts, and shoot Canon or Nikon as the urge strikes.

[Image: /grafx/photos/RedCam1.jpg]

I mean, jeez...  That's pretty awesome, but with the price starting at $12k and easily hitting $55k...  Well shit, this kind of flexibility ain't gonna be cheap.

I've been thinking for years that modular's the way to go: the idea of replacing the entire camera just 'cause there's a new sensor available is ludicrous, so now...  Well shit, check it out.

They even show two units mounted side by side for the ultimate in binocular 3D-o-vision.  Fuck me.

And for crying out loud, do we really need a 186x56mm sensor?  That's MASSIVE, about six times larger than 35mm film!

Fucking unbelievable.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!