game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 574

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Strange money stories in Australia
So three strange things happened to me today:

1. At Borders bookstore the girl told me it was 10c for a bag.  I told her I didn't want a bag so much as I wanted a way to protect my purchases in my backpack.  She offered to gift-wrap them for me, in xmas paper.  I asked her if she was sure that she could wrap them up when she couldn't give me a free bag.  I don't know what business genius decided it was a better spend of company resources to have their checkout girl spent 60 seconds wrapping up my two magazines and backing up the line of shoppers rather than forgive the 10 cents and give me a bag.  (It should be noted I'd already paid via eftpos when it transpired I'd need to pay more for a bag.  I had no change).

2. I bought some xbox live points to purchase a few arcade games on the 360.  Try as I might, I could not find ANYWHERE on the Xbox system to redeem them.  Instead, I had to go on the xbox.com site to enter my point codes.  How much sense does that make?

3. At Gloria Jeans coffee the girl messed up our order, making a Regular instead of a Large.  Of course I offered to take both, as you do, and since the girl couldn't work out a magic formula for making a large from a regular, she gave us both drinks.  Now that's how you do things to keep customers happy. 

Lesson for businesses: Make it easy to spend money and don't be idiots with freebies so cheap they might as well be free. 

I mean, fuck, am I the only person who understands this?
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!