game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 596

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: VideoGame Photos: Advice from the Film Days
From the July 1983 issue of Joystik magazine, a response to a reader's question about taking pictures of game screens.  It's interesting to see the solution to the problem from so long ago, without the advantage of emulated screenshots or digital cameras for immediate feedback.

I remember taking a picture of a high score using a little pocket point n shoot film camera, back in the day.  It was the only way to record proof of your scores.  =/

Quote by Reader:
I would like to know how to take a picture of a high score on a television,

Quote by Joystik:
- Use either print film or daylight slide film.
- Make the room as dark as possible.
- Use a tripod or hold your camera against a stable surface such as a tabletop.
- Get as close to the screen as possible.
- If your camera has a variable shutter speed, set it to 1/15 of a second.
- If your camera has variable F-stops, take several shots with different settings.  Taking more than one shot also helps you avoid the horizontal blanking bar, which shows up as a dark line across the screen.

Yeah, it's easier now innit?  Digital makes this so easy, I had no trouble taking clear screenshots of arcade machines with the immediate feedback digital offers.  My last three cameras were all very capable of doing this.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!