game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 612

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Victorian bushfires
84 dead so far, 750 homes wiped out.

Talking to my aunt tonight, who lives in Bendigo (where the fires still burn) says that she's lost one cousin already, and one is missing still.

She's got a backyard full of birds, who've come for the food and water she has put out for them.  The nearby trees have been torched, birds are already starving, and they're quite happy to take advantage of her generosity. 

Her car's loaded and they're ready to run at a moment's notice.
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
Photos of Bendigo Fires (from a little distance, I have had enough of fires for a little while after the Canberra fires back in '03)
The images below are mostly panoramics and this forum cuts them off, link to photos at bottom.
Lots of smoke
*photo no longer on the tubes*
A flare up, either tree tops going up or a gas tank, heard rumors that it may have been a petrol station..doubt it though.
On a happier note the fires made for crazy sun sets and sun set rainbows..never seen that before

“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
This post was edited on 2010-03-26, 12:58 by Junpei.
Author name (Administrator) #3
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Whoah, is that a smoke rainbow in #3?  Very cool.

I mean, in a 'fuck off we're gonna die' kind of way...

Nice photos, thanks for posting.

How're you doing?  No sign of impending doom, I hope?
BLEARGH
Author name #4
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
There was very little smoke that evening, about 5 minutes after the flare up in photo 2 they waterbombed the fire and then there was mostly watervapor, the fires here are completly undercontroll and the 20 degree drop in ambient temperature has helped alot.
Time to go and check out the fires around Wodonga since we are movign there tomorrow...
*edit
Some aftermath photos:

“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2010-03-26, 12:59 by Junpei.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!