game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 649

Because three buttons are better than two buttons
submit to reddit
Author name #1
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: PC Engine Blaster Pad
I forgot to mention earlier in the week that NCS of New York have been clearing out their stock of retro third-party controllers. Last week they were offering the PC Engine Blaster Pad:

http://www.shopncsx.com/pc-engineblasterjoypad.aspx

As I recall, the third button is largely superfluous for most games because nobody wanted to create software that was incompatible with the stock controller. I'm troubled that NCS felt it necessary to specify that PC-Engine pads use a different connector than the western TurboGrafx, as if the people who would be buying this thing didn't already know that.

Apropos of nothing, I haven't fired up any of my PCE or Turbo hardware in a while. I own one of every American iteration of the hardware, plus a lovely white Duo-R unit that I repaired with the information gleaned from GamesX. They're all plugged in and ready to go, but I don't have an uninterrupted stretch of time to play through Dungeon Explorer like I used to years ago.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!