game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 650

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: The Great Ramen Hunt
I loves me some instant noodles, I do.  Here, for my own benefit as well as yours, is a record of the instant noodles - cup, bowl and other - that I've tried.  Some are good, some are not so!  This buyer's guide will help keep you from harm!  Indispensable!  Print and carry with you at all times!

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen1.jpg]

This chinese creation is called Q something something.  It has a strange, cheesy/rotten smell to it that doesn't taste at all bad once you've prepped it.  There's no line on the inside of the bowl, so it's really kind of a tricky thing to do properly, unless you've got a 360ml cup  in your tent or wherever.

It tastes fine, though there's a slightly bitter/pickled taste to the vegetables which is probably just like mom's if you're from China but a bit bloody foreign for me.  I'd eat it again, but it's not high on my list.  I'd probably put it in the basket accidentally.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
This Korean noodle is brilliant.  Add water to the line, wait 4 mins, drain, add powder and stir.  Mmmm, nummy noodly goodness.  It might have a name but I dunno what it is.  "Kim Bob's Ramen Works Model 16" perhaps. 

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen2.jpg]

I'd buy this again for sure.  Often, and with great Korean happiness.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #3
Now these are great noodles!

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen3.jpg]
Fill to the line and wait 3 mins.  Unlike many Korean soups that try to mask the cheap quality with a spicy taste, this one has a subtle spicy flavour that enhances the quality.  The noodles are excellent too, almost Japanese in quality (the instant-noodle benchmark).

I can't recommend this one enough.  If you like a gently spicy soup, this should be your first stop.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #4
Subject: Spaghetti Ramen?
These delicious Korean noodles are sold as 'spaghetti ramen', and I guess that's more or less what it is...  They're noodles, like all the others, but with a sweet red sauce that is about as unlike tomato sauce as you can get before changing the colour... 

It's really frickin' delicious, and gets a solid NFG Thumbs Up.

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen4.jpg]
OMFG soup in the laser printer!
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #5
Subject: Ramen Triple Hit!
Here are three more ramen products I've tried recently.

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen5.jpg]
This seafood soup from Paldo is a little too spicy, but the noodles are just as good as the rest.
I don't recommend eating the mushrooms.

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen6.jpg]
The last in a Paldo trilogy, this (meat?) flavoured soup is just as good as the kimchi one.
How did it get into that tree?

[Image: /grafx/throwaway/ramen7.jpg]
Completely forgettable ramen in a vacuum cleaner.  What a strange world.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!