game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 668

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Bz: Rediscovering old loves...
While cleaning the house today I dusted off and hooked up the old laserdisc player, and popped in an old Bz concert disc.

Wow, talk about nostalgia.  This is their Pleasure '91 tour disc, from the stellar height of their popularity.  A packed statium, catchy songs and a solid show.   

Get the Flash Player

BLEARGH
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2009-05-24, 10:17 by NFG.
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Here's another song I cap'd from that LD.  This one is Bad Communication, on of their most massive hits.  It can't really be stressed quite strongly enough how explosive these guys were on the Japanese pop scene.  They dominated the charts for YEARS, are still around releasing #1 singles today (twenty years later!) 

Quote by Wikipedia:
They have released 41 consecutive #1 singles, 23 #1 albums, and sold more than 77 million records in Japan alone. Under the recommendation of Steve Vai, B'z were the first artists from Asia to have their handprints and signatures put up in the Hollywood's RockWalk.

Their longevity is due in no small part to Takahrio Matsumoto's guitar prowess.  He added a raw edge that was completely missing from pop music of the day, and the resulting fusion of pop/synth and electric guitar gave Bz longevity that no other band could muster.  Last time I checked, they were still paying more income taxes every year than any other Japanese entertainer.

Here's the video from the LD:

Get the Flash Player

BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!