game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 675

And the people who play them.
submit to reddit
Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Nintendo Hates Games
For a very long time game-makers have been acting as if they wanted to be movie-makers.  Cut scenes and intros have been interrupting our game time for a long-ass time, but now Nintendo's taken their hatred for you, the player, to a new level.

Quote by GamaSutra:
Trouble with Wii games? Just pause and let the game play through for you until you're past the tough part.

So explains Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, shedding a little more light on the mysterious patent that surfaced early this year appearing to show an automated walkthrough feature in the works for Nintendo's platform.

"In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, if a player is experiencing an area of difficulty, this will allow them to clear troubled areas and take over when they're ready," Miyamoto told USA Today through a translator. "And yes, we're looking into this for future games, too."

Fucking hell, why even have a controller?  The next game I buy will probably be five hours of watching the computer battle its own way to the centre of the earth to defeat the alien queen.

I hope I'll still be allowed to pause the bloody thing.

GamaSutra article
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
Apparently it won't be used to allow actual advancement, but will instead show you how it's done, and rewind so you can do it yourself.  That offends me quite a bit less, while still leaving me with not only feelings of smug superiority, but also the delightful thought that the kids getting these instant walkthroughs will be the same ones whining that their expensive games are over so soon.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #3
In reply to post #1
Apparently it won't be used to allow actual advancement, but will instead show you how it's done, and rewind so you can do it yourself.  That offends me quite a bit less, while still leaving me with not only feelings of smug superiority, but also the delightful thought that the kids getting these instant walkthroughs will be the same ones whining that their expensive games are over so soon.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #4
In reply to post #1
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #5
In reply to post #1
BLEARGH
Author name (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Do I hear an echo? Anyways...this is just another reason that I find myself struggling to get into modern games. Frankly, I don't care for the art for most modern games, sans the DS, and I think the gameplay is becoming ridiculously simple for most of them {besides the RPG's which try and sell you by advertising that they're 10,000,000+ hours of gameplay...I don't want to play a game that damn long!}
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!