game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 695

Where the fuck does it go?
submit to reddit
Author name #1
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Time
Scenario most nights: I get home around 7, I turn the laptop on, I fuck around looking at nothing in particular until around 830, decide to make dinner which takes twice as long as usual because I'm finding a podcast worth my while or playing online poker instead of chopping that shit up and breaking down its proteins, watch whatever's funny on TV while I eat and get too 11pm, get in the shower when I can finally move from all the food I ate, it's 1130 and I've pretty much done fuck all constructive or notably enjoyable and have to go to bed because I'm shit at getting up if I have less than 6 hours sleep.

Today: Get home around 715, ignore the laptop, do some brief exercise for once and throw myself into the shower. Cook something quick and easy and I've finished eating by 830. Watch a half hour comedy show while playing Pacmania. Come onto the laptop just after 9. It's now 1108pm, almost as late as the days when I'm fully aware that I'm doing nothing on purpose, and again, I've done fuck all constructive or notably enjoyable and definitely haven't looked at over 2 hours worth of internets.

I was going to carry on with a game I've been playing, but now it's getting on for too late to really get into it.

What the fuck? I know I'm raging against an irreversible constant, but... time; It's a fuckton of bollocks.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There are two things that work for me:

1. Change the things you do.  If there's something you want to do, or should be doing, get it out of the way.  Go to the gym, clean the living room, wash the car, pay the bills.  Then play games with a smile and clear conscience.

2. Rationalize.  Working on my websites or a PHP script or a game is what I chose to do.  When the unwanted spectre of death nears, I fully expect to have regrets, but if I can rationalize the big ones away....  Fuck you death, I WIN!
BLEARGH
Author name #3
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Oh of course, I absolutely know that anything I do is my choice to do it, the time just disappears when I'm doing sweet FA on here. I don't really have any pressing chores, it's all done. I did still stay up until gone 1 shooting Spanish zombies, though.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!