game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 712

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Australia's New TV Channel
There are two channels broadcasting in Australia, 7 and 9, who I basically avoid.  Their news and 'current events' programming is sensationalist, fear-mongering and muck-raking.  It should come as no surprise that the new channel from the 9 network (called "GO!" the first here to actually be named with a word) is going to be filled with 'youth' and 'light entertainment' programming. 

I can't really express accurately how excited I am about a channel with three CSI shows, Dog the Bounty Hunter and Seinfeld.  Their list of shows really just seems to me like they made a channel specifically to annoy me.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In a nature befitting its low-class (and no doubt low-cost filler) status, the new channel has launched without any kind of bang.  Instead, the low-bandwidth artifact-ridden teaser loop that's been rolling for a few days has simply been replaced with a low-bandwidth episode of Wipeout.    

My guess is the new channel purchased the crappiest, cheapest shows it could find, and shoved 'em on the air.  They seem to be MPG1 versions of shitty shows, complete with all the poor quality you'd expect.  Check out these 100% (not enlarged) screenshots:

No movement:

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksA.jpg]

Medium movement:

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksB.jpg]

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksE.jpg]

Fast movement:

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksD.jpg]

And how happy will advertisers be to see their corporate logos look like this?

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksC.jpg]

Technical bit: These things look ugly 'cause they've cut the bandwidth available to the video.  This lower bits-per-second stream to your TV is cheaper for the TV station to store and transmit, with the side effect of looking like shit.  A rough analogy is VHS -> DVD.  You don't want to go back, but that's what GO! is doing: they're bringing back the shitty old days of VHS and VCD.  Here's a 200% screenshot of a fast-action scene from a VCD:

[Image: /grafx/tvads/GoSucksF.jpg]

Thanks, Channel Nine and GO!  Sooo happy you brought us this new channel.

Assholes.
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!