game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 729

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Picasa 3.5 & Face Detection
So the latest version of Google's free photo application includes face recognition.  It's interesting.

It's been chewing on my 120GB of images for 12 hours and is about half done.  It's very clever with the face recognition, and I'm impressed at how it not only brings up a list of 10,000 faces it doesn't know, but removes swathes of them at a time when I identify them.  After pointing to about 12 of them and tagging them as Zumi, over 150 pictures turned up in her album.  It'll pick up all kinds of blurry, dark or weird shots, and presto, they're sorted.

It's not foolproof.  Some people just have faces that look like other peoples' faces.

Junpei, your sister apparently looks like a LOT of people. 

Elwyn, one of the guys who used to be in the Brisbane parkour scene, apparently has doppelgangers in SNK's fighting game King of Fighters.

It's pulled up anime faces and monochrome faces from pinball games, and at so far it's once confused the four buttons on a gamepad for someone's face... 

But it's mostly accurate, and it'll be a massive timesaver when I want to find a picture of someone.  Very interesting tool.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I gave up on Picasa.  Again.

The fucking thing allows me to install it on my D drive but won't put its data anywhere but the C drive.  Ten gig of catalogued images and faces later, my C drive is nearly full (it's only 30GB, since it's only supposed to hold Windows and nothing more).

Fuck off, dammit.  Stop putting shit in random places, and if you must do that, let me change it!
BLEARGH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!