game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 800

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2459 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: QR Codes & Telstra
A long time ago I made a QR Code generator.  It was well received at the time, even making boingboing in 2004, and was an Opera webpanel until I broke it and they pulled it down...

It was also focused on Japan, 'cause six years ago the rest of the world wasn't particularly interested.  Well, now they're catching up and my QR Code generator needs to be updated with world-friendly inputs.  Currently things like links and contacts are formatted for Japanese phones, and they're done a little differently.

Here, mostly for my benefit, is the format for Telstra phones:

SMS Links automatically create an SMS message with a phone number and message content:
SMSTO:<phone number>:<message>

Contacts use the standard small VCard format:
BEGIN:VCARD
N:<name>
TEL:<phone number>
EMAIL:<email address>
END:VCARD

Interestingly Telstra's URL links are just single HTML addresses, unlike the more or less standardized two-line Name + URL approach used elsewhere.

URL:
http://theweb.address.etc

I'll be re-doing the QR Code generator shortly to include these options.

• Interestingly Telstra won't let you enter FUCK, FUCKING, FUCKER or XXX as web addresses.  It's kind of dumb about it though: XX works, XXXX works, and FUCKX works.  Their kill-list is small and, IMO quite bizarrely applied to this tool.

[Image: http://nfggames.com/system/qrcodegen_image2.php?shortcut=memo&memo=Fuck%20I%20love%20QR%20Codes.]

Telstra's QR Code generator is here.
BLEARGH
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2010-03-03, 10:23 by NFG.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!