game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 808

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: The problem with Obama...
Obama cast himself as an agent of change, and an agent of hope, and got himself elected.

Despite his good work initiating a rather overdue change in American healthcare, he's spectacularly failed to advance any of the concepts I hold dear, and that Americans need.

* He voted in favour of immunity for telecom companies who broke the law and spied on Americans when asked to by the previous administration.  I don't know how anyone can really advocate this sort of spineless behaviour by American companies. 
  * He's in favour of secret worldwide treaties, dictated by media companies, and speaks in favour of them even while Europe wakes up and votes against ACTA.

There are plenty more, I'll add links when I remember what they are, but the bottom line is: Obama told the world he stood for something different, but he's doing the same things.

I get that it's difficult to get anything done in American politics, I understand the compromises that must be made to advance any goals at all, but these fundamental wrongs are being trumpted as rights, and it makes me sad.
BLEARGH
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
A recent Gallup poll indicates that I am not at all unique in my opinion.

Techdirt points to a recent AP article which says FOIA (freedom of info act) requests are being refused more frequently now than during Bush's reign.
BLEARGH
This post was edited on 2010-03-18, 11:44 by NFG.
Author name #3
User title: Kitten Blaster
Member since Feb 2010 · 89 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Quote by NFG on 2010-03-18, 11:35:
Techdirt points to a recent AP article which says FOIA (freedom of info act) requests are being refused more frequently now than during Bush's reign.

well... it is change. ;)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!