game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 810

Forum: Our World Australia RSS
No, not the vacuum cleaner or the auto modification
submit to reddit
Author name #1
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Cyclone
Everybody okay over there? The US news is reporting on the cyclone, and my estimation is that it's not remotely close to where my favorite Aussies live, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Cyclones typically hit the northern east coast of Australia, far away from Brisbane.  At most, we get some solid rain, but so far this time, even though it's farther south than usual, there's nothing but light clouds.
BLEARGH
Author name #3
Member since Sep 2007 · 131 posts · Location: Canberra
Group memberships: Denizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
Yeah, no sweat Kendrick. Us in Canberra are fine, actually, we could use a little more rain! Thanks for checking though ;)

Actually, I'm amazed you heard about it, didn't realise it was big enough for world notice. Or did you read online?
Author name #4
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
It actually got some coverage on CNN for a day. One reporter wisely noted that certain trade disputes might drag on longer as a result of bad weather disrupting face-to-face meetings or other communication.

As much as I deplore the state of American media, I do have a continuing respect for CNN. One of the things they do more of than their competitors (though less than they did in the past) is present world events without regard for whether or not those events are interesting. Just because I'm not entertained, doesn't mean that what's being reported isn't also news. Fox, MSNBC and Bloomberg go for sensation and scandal and forget that it's important to have news of record. So maybe the world didn't care yesterday that there was a cyclone in Australia, but maybe scientists a century from now might like to know.
Author name #5
User title: Vacant lot.
Member since Dec 2009 · 17 posts · Location: Melbbourne
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, Underground
That cyclone was FUCKING AWESOME! I was out in the hail and torrential rain, dressed up to the nines for a picnic on a sunny day... whoops! But yeah, awesomesauce...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!