game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 93

Generated content annoyance possibly
submit to reddit
Author name #1
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Why can't I just GO BACK?
Since the advent of server-side generated content in internet pages I've found that in a lot of cases you can't just hit the back button and instantly go back to the previous page which should be cached on your drive, it always waits and has to retrieve and load some of the page content from the server. Fucking annoying. That's all I have to say really but if anyone has a solution do let me know.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
This post was edited on 2007-11-12, 19:10 by Vertigo.
Author name (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Opera doesn't suffer this nearly as bad as IE.  IE wants to reload just about everything, Opera just makes things work for the user.

I can't speak for Firefox, I loath that pile of crap.  =)
BLEARGH
Author name #3
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
I just want the back button to go back to the last cached page. It used to in around 1997. It doesn't know. This sucks.
Besides, now that every pleb can use the internet (or should that be, can access the internet) and games have passed into the mainstream, I need to find something better that isn't so spoiled by the hands of spazzes.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!