game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 94

Author name #1
User title: General Miscreant
Member since Nov 2007 · 7 posts · Location: Western Australia
Group memberships: Citizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Worst PlayStation 2 game you've ever played
As a rabid fan of lame games in general and the PlayStation 2 in particular, I have rather a large collection of incredibly shite games for it.  Highlights would include things like Charlie's Angels, almost anything on the Phoenix label, and a hidden gem called Hidden Invasion, just to name a few.  I'd be curious, however, as to others' opinions on what's truly crap as far as they're concerned, and perhaps some of the reasoning behind it, rather than just merely titles.

[Image: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/all/boxshots2/914966_40754.jpg]

I can make a start - Charlie's Angels - which I believe only hit Gamecube in the US - is just a terrible 3D Final Fight-esque run and brawl game, but with the worst animations and tired gameplay I've seen in the genre.  Climbing a ladder for what seems like a day, almost Metal Gear Solid 3-esque in duration, while staring at a badly pixellated version of an Angel's ass isn't my idea of paradise on earth.  Let's not even get into the wu-xia style jump animation, where your character leaps from one side of the screen to the other like a demented gazelle with helium balloons on each leg.
Author name #2
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Britney's Dance Beat.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #3
Member since Oct 2007 · 316 posts
As an RPG weenie, I didn't care very much for Ephemeral Fantasia. There's a point where something can be entertainingly repetitive, and past that it's only annoyingly so.
Author name #4
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Quote by Kendrick:
As an RPG weenie, I didn't care very much for Ephemeral Fantasia. There's a point where something can be entertainingly repetitive, and past that it's only annoyingly so.
The clue's probably in the name on that one ;)
Oh I must also mention the Aussie Rules game that EA did for Australia. Utter twaddle, capturing none of the limited excitement of the actual game, instead mainly consisting of constantly punting the ball up the field and either catching the ball or missing the mark (tech term!) until you're within 45 metres of the posts in which case you have a shot. Utter shite :)
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Author name #5
User title: General Miscreant
Member since Nov 2007 · 7 posts · Location: Western Australia
In reply to post #2
I actually bought Britney's Dance Beat a couple weeks back, oh the shame, etc, but the game itself is very similar to PS1 Bust A Groove as far as I can recall.  It's unfortunate that the songs are painful unlistenable shite, and Britney's accent is about as pleasant as being kicked in the balls by a Frenchman, as otherwise it would probably be an OK bemani style game.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!