game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 95

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2485 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: WTF Konami.
It's long been a basic tenet of videogaming that increasing the resolution makes things slower.  It's common sense - more dots on the screen means more work for the computer to draw those dots.

So it's a bit of a surprise to find Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer on the PS3 is suffering slowdown at low resolutions, and Konami's official recommendation is to run it in high-def.  Uh, I'm not sure what you retards were thinking, but my theory is if people had HDTV they'd probably already be running in high-def.

What the fuck, Konami.

For example, people experiencing "stuttering" are very likely "not playing the game in high definition", it says. "The solution to this problem is to play the game on an HDTV with an HDMI or component cable and the PS3 set to output in 720p resolution or above."

(Note the clever use of the new WTF tag!)
BLEARGH
Author name #2
Member since Nov 2007 · 121 posts
Group memberships: Citizens, Denizens, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
People are retards though. How else do you explain the continued sale of coaxial and composite cables?
Oh and obligatory PS3 sucks remark here ;) Maybe it's just that PS3 works internally at that resolution, so it takes an extra processing push to make it scale down the output. Don't forget, Sony are so so so desperately pushing "true HD" which only about 0.0001% of the population currently has access to anyway, so they want their product looking best on their own overpriced HDTVs.
Me, I'm too happy playing Super Famicom in RGB to give a shit about any of this new crap.
Oh and if Sony (and every other TV manufacturer) wants their TVs to sell, it might be an idea to get retailers to actually use component cables and a clean input source, instead of the artefact-riddled composite shite so many stores use to try to sell the big screens.
"...either stop and think or fuck right off" (TheOutrider)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!