game
photo
retro
rant
Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All content © NFGworld, unless otherwise noted, except for stuff we stole. Contact the editor-in-chief : baldbutsuave@thissitesdomain, especially if you are an attractive young female willing to do nude photography modelling. All rights reversed. 98

Author name (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2011 · 2484 posts · Location: Brisbane
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Jabber Notification
Jabber is an instant messaging (IM) protocol, similar to MSN or ICQ or AIM or Y! or whatever.  This forum supports it, messaging you instant-like when something on the forum is updated with replies to your watched threads.

I think.

In reality no one uses Jabber except me and like 2 other guys, and I'm just turned it on now for the first time, and I'm not really sure what it will actually do.

Jabber is the protocol used by Google's GTalk

It's also supported by Miranda, my favourite IM client.  Miranda's great 'cause you can run ALL your IMs in one window: MSN, ICQ, Gtalk, etc etc.  It's also immune from that nasty MSN virus that's been going around.

In any case, it's active now, and I'll be using it myself 'cause it's even faster than the already-awesome RSS feeds which I'm sure no one but me uses.

Note!  You can enable Jabber notification in your user profile.
BLEARGH
This post was edited on 2007-11-14, 19:54 by NFG.
Author name #2
Member since Sep 2007 · 176 posts · Location: Kobe, Japan
Group memberships: Citizens, Members, The Cabal, Underground
Show profile · Link to this post
i use RSS!!! otherwise i would get RSI lurking all the time! :-p
“Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.” J. Postel
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
We love UNB by Yves Goergen!