| #books |
Anyway, I’m having trouble with MAME and I’m desperate for assistance.
The problem: I’m getting stray pixels in screenshots. The three images below illustrate the problem.
The process: MAME 64-bit, version 0.152. Fresh install into an empty folder. Run the following command:
mame64 sisv2 to launch a game of Space Invaders, and when the game starts, I press F12 for a screenshot. This is a crop of the resulting image:
Now that looks pretty good, until you try and remove the background (which I need to do a -lot- for the book). I use the magic wand tool to select all pixels of the same colour, in this case black (which is R0, G0, B0). This is what I get:
That’s… not quite right. It has avoided selecting some pixels around the invaders. If I now remove that black background, you can clearly see a lot of leftover pixels:
Now, in this case the pixels are all one above zero on each RGB channel: R1, B1, G1. In other games I get a different result, such as this screenshot from R-Type where the same process as above was repeated:
These pixels are one above zero in different channels.
Things I tried:
– Fresh install of MAME64
– Running in direct-draw mode (
-video ddraw )
I have had someone in messdev send me a screenshot that was unmolested by these pixels, using the same version of mame, so it seems either unique to me, or it’s at least an uncommon problem. It’s causing me a significant amount of grief. I can’t count colours reliably (2nd comment below shows an example, and what is 108 unique colours in a RAINE screenshot is 366 colours in MAME).
If you can suggest anything, please do!
[ Mar 9 2014 ]
|Next Post||Navigation||Previous Post|